The Indian boxing team is set to counter-attack after Vikas Krishan’s controversial ouster from the Olympics with the contingent planning to file a protest of its own against the International Boxing Association’s decision to overturn his pre-quarterfinal win. In a stunning turn of events, Vikas (69kg) was ousted from the Games here after AIBA overturned the result of the bout he had won, following a review. The 20-year-old had won 13-11 over Errol Spence in a thrilling contest last night but following an appeal by his rival’s team management, the AIBA awarded the bout 15-13 to the American citing the fouls committed by the Indian which were not noticed by the referee.
Vikas Krishan’s ouster: India lodge counter-appeal – NewsX
- Boxer Devendro destroys Figueroa in 90 secs, enters pre-quarters – NewsX
- Boxer Mary Kom all set for London Olympics – NewsX
- TV9 – MBBS STUDENT “DURGI SHEKAWAT” COMMITS SUICIDE @ MS RAMAIAH HOSTEL
- Mary Kom boxes her way into Olympic semifinals – NewsX
- Indian boxers returns home after brilliant show at Olympic qualifiers-NewsX